Air fryer recipe for citrus roast chicken takes 1 hour to cook
Roast chickens are not just for Sunday dinners during the autumn and winter months.
Kitchen appliance brand Cosori has shared its recipe for Citrus Roasted Chicken that can be cooked in the air fryer.
The recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare, one hour and 10 minutes to cook (less if a smaller chicken is used) and serves six.
For the chicken:
- One whole chicken (2-3kg)
- One small lemon, quartered
- Half a small orange, quartered
- One shallot peeled and halved
- Four thyme sprigs
- Three garlic cloves
- Two rosemary sprigs
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
For the Citrus Honey Glaze:
- Half a cup of chicken stock
- One orange, zested and juiced
- One teaspoon of fresh rosemary, minced
- Half a teaspoon of fresh thyme, minced
- One tablespoon honey
- One teaspoon cornstarch
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- Half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Easy air fryer brownie recipe made with just four ingredients[RECIPE]
‘Best tasting bread’ recipe makes ‘amazing’ loaf perfect for sandwiches[VIDEO]
Best storage solution to stop cheese ‘sweating’ and going mouldy[EXCLUSIVE]
1. Remove the crisper plate from the Cosori Smart Air Fryer basket.
2. Pat the chicken dry inside and out with paper towels.
3. Place the lemon, orange, shallot, thyme, garlic cloves, and rosemary into the cavity of the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
4. Rub1 one tablespoon of the olive oil over the chicken, then season the outside of the chicken with salt.
5. Place the chicken breast-side down directly into the air fryer basket, without the crisper plate.
6. Select the Chicken function, adjust the temperature to 365°F and time to 45 minutes, then press Start/Pause.
7. Combine the chicken stock, orange zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, minced herbs, and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
8. Simmer and lower the heat, until reduced by half.
9. Place the cornstarch into a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the glaze.
10. Whisk together and pour back into the saucepan. Turn the heat up to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened, then turn off the heat and add the salt and pepper.
11. Flip the chicken over so the breast is facing up once the timer goes off.
12. Select the Chicken function, adjust the temperature to 365°F and time to 25 minutes, then press Start/Pause.
13. Remove the chicken when done and transfer it to a platter or tray to rest for 10 minutes.
14. Whisk the juices from the bottom of the air fryer basket into the glaze for extra flavour if desired.
15. Serve the chicken with the warm citrus honey glaze poured over the top.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article