Orzo and Chickpeas with Turmeric-Ginger Broth
Active Time: 15 MINTotal Time20 MIN
Yield: Serves : 2
Coconut milk and fresh lime juice are natural flavor partners to ginger and turmeric; here they come together to form a restorative tea-based broth that’s delicious studded with chickpeas and pasta.
- 3 cups water
- 4 single-serving turmeric-ginger tea bags (such as Rishi)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes), plus lime wedges, for serving
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (such as Red Boat)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked orzo or other small pasta
- Thinly sliced shallot, cilantro sprigs, and sambal oelek or Asian chile-garlic sauce, for serving
How to Make It
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a teapot or small saucepan over high; remove from heat. Add tea bags, coconut milk, and lime juice; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags; stir in salt and fish sauce. Bring just to a simmer over medium. Remove from heat.
Divide chickpeas and orzo evenly between 2 bowls. Pour hot tea mixture evenly into bowls; serve immediately with lime wedges and desired toppings.
Look for Rishi turmeric-ginger tea at your local Asian market.
Source: Read Full Article