One-Skillet Hearty Chili and Cornbread Recipe
"The perfect quick and easy comfort food on a cool evening! Start on the stovetop and finish in the oven."
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Preheat a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, rotating occasionally, until hot, 5 to 8 minutes. Add ground beef and onion; cook and stir until meat is browned and onion is soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease.
- Reduce heat to medium and add kidney beans, black beans, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, cocoa powder, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and paprika. Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While the chili is heating, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt for together in a small bowl. Mix in milk, egg, butter, and vanilla extract. Dollop cornbread mixture over top of chili.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cornbread is crisp and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 379 calories;13.8 g fat;45.4 g carbohydrates;19.8 g protein;67 mg cholesterol;1111 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article