Arizona Hatch Chili Recipe
"I’ve been making this Hatch green chili for years and it never fails to please!"
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place peppers with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins; chop peppers into smaller pieces.
- Place cubed pork in a resealable plastic bag; coat with flour, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 tablespoons pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook pork in the hot oil until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker set to High.
- Add the Hatch chiles, remaining salt and pepper, chicken stock, diced tomatoes with peppers, onion, cumin, and garlic to the slow cooker. Mix and cover. Cook on High until pork is tender and flavors blend, about 4 hours.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Chili can be thickened with flour or masa.
- This can also be cooked on Low for 6 hours.
- Editor’s Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of flour, salt, and pepper consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 360 calories;12.5 g fat;35.5 g carbohydrates;26.3 g protein;60 mg cholesterol;3165 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article