Three-Bean Pasta Salad
Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 8
We combined two potluck classics—pasta salad and three-bean salad—to make one tasty new side dish. Blanched celery is the unexpected star in this side dish; it has a tender-crisp texture and bright green color. Swap out the canned beans for your favorite cooked field peas.
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 2 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions for salted water. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
Cook green beans and celery in boiling salted water to cover until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Combine pasta, green beans, celery, pinto beans, and kidney beans in a large bowl.
Combine shallot and vinegar in a medium bowl; let stand about 5 minutes. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, and honey, stirring with a whisk. Gradually whisk in oil until well combined; pour over bean mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss gently. Sprinkle with chives, and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article