Stuffed Crust Loaded Deep Dish Pizza
- for the crust:
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon olive or oil of your preference
- 1 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
- 2 1/2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- jar Your favorite pizza sauce from scratch or
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- String Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni, sausage, veggies of your choice
- Use the spooning and leveling method to measure flour
- If you just scoop, you could be adding a lot of extra flour and
- The ratio wet to dry will be off
- If you like, before baking, lightly score your crust where the
- Cheese is stuffed around edge. Just looks pretty ?
Preheat oven to 450 degree.
In a bowl or cup mix the yeast, sugar and warm water. Let sit until frothy.
If using fast acting yeast, mix in with flour.
When yeast has bloomed, add the oil and salt. Mix.
Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time.**See Note**
When dough starts to pull away from sides and is no longer real sticky, stop adding flour.
Knead dough for 3 to 5 minutes on lightly floured surface.
Roll out dough to thickness you like, but roll out bigger than pizza pan your using so dough hangs over edge some.
Press the dough out to eliminate air pockets.
Take the string cheese and lay on crust around edge of pan.
Fold dough over chesse and press to bottom crust to seal.
Bake for 5 minutes to parbake.
Remove from oven and add sauce and favorite toppings.
Bake additional 10 to 15 minutes until crust is brown and cheese and toppings are bubbly.
Brush with melted butter and garlic if you like.
Source: Read Full Article