Spicy Lentil Soup
I don’t remember if I found this recipe or just made it up, but it’s a winter warmer that goes down a treat again and again.
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small tin, tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon, chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon, cumin
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed & steeped
- 2 litres chicken or vegetable stock (I use Knorr stockpot)
- Parmesan to grate over and serve
- 125 g frozen veg (diced carrots, peas and sweet corn works great)
Put all ingredients, but the frozen vegetables, in a pot and simmer for 50 mins. Season to taste, I tend to just add a little pepper.
Blend the mixture with a hand blender.
Add the frozen veg and keep the mixture on a medium heat for another 30 mins.
Serve up with a pinch of grated Parmesan on top and salt/pepper to taste.
Source: Read Full Article