Roasted Tomato, Salami, and Mozzarella Pasta
Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
This recipe gives you all the favorite flavors of a baked pasta dish without heating up the oven. Round out this easy weeknight meal with a simple and satisfying dessert. When a recipe calls for a small amount of an ingredient, such as the cup of arugula in this recipe, save money and buy what you need from the salad bar at your grocery store instead of purchasing an entire package.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2large garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2fully cooked microwavable penne (such as Barilla Ready Pasta)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces salami, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 cup arugula (about 1 oz.)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
How to Make It
Preheat toaster oven to 400°F. Toss together tomatoes, garlic, pepper, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt on a small baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Place in preheated toaster oven, and cook until tomatoes burst and char slightly, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare penne in microwave according to package directions; set aside.
Whisk together balsamic vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add roasted tomato mixture, cooked penne, chopped salami, and arugula, and toss gently to coat. Arrange penne mixture on a large serving platter, and top with torn mozzarella and basil.
Source: Read Full Article