Reuben Flatbread Pizza
- Prep 20 min
- Total50 min
Your favorite grilled sandwich comes to life in this easy and delicious Reuben Flatbread Pizza. Inspired by the iconic sandwich, this unique dish features melty cheese, a crispy crust, sauerkraut and sliced corned beef. It’s perfect for putting a spin on pizza night or serving as an impressive appetizer. Complete with rye croutons, this Reuben pizza recipe delivers full flavor in an easy-to-assemble pizza that you can prep in 20 minutes.
slices pumpernickel rye bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 oz)
- 1 1/2cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 1can (11 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Thin Crust Pizza Crust
- 1/2lb deli sliced corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1jar (16 oz)sauerkraut, drained well and squeezed dry
- 1/2cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 1Move oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 425°F. Add bread pieces to small bowl; stir in melted butter until evenly coated. Spread evenly in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan. Bake 5 minutes; stir. Continue baking 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted. Transfer toasted bread pieces to piece of waxed paper to cool.
- 2In small bowl, mix cheeses. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray; unroll dough onto cookie sheet. Starting at center, press dough into 15×10-inch rectangle. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 3Top partially baked crust with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture, the corned beef and sauerkraut to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese mixture.
- 4Bake 10 to 12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown. Top with spinach, and drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with toasted bread pieces. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- There are many kinds of pumpernickel rye bread to choose from. Pick your favorite variety for your croutons.
- To easily drizzle dressing onto the Reuben flatbread, transfer to small resealable food-storage plastic bag, and cut a small corner from one end of the bag. Drizzle onto flatbread.
- To serve your Reuben Flatbread Pizza, carefully slide flatbread onto cutting board, and cut pieces with a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 2 Pieces
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article