Red Curry Chicken
I am always looking for quick weekday meals.After working 10 hour days, I just want food quickly. And leftovers for lunch the next day.?
- 2 tbls Olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size piece
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbls red curry paste (adjust to your preference)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut cream or coconut milk
- 3/4 tbls fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tbls cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges, optional
- Green onion, sliced, optional
Heat skillet on medium heat and add cooking oil. When heated add onion, saute until almost translucent, add garlic saute another minute.
Add chicken and cook until surface turns white.
Add red curry paste, stir to combine well.
Add water, coconut cream, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Turn heat to low and simmer until curry sauce thickens.
Add red pepper. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Add chopped cilantro.
Serve immediately over steamed rice with lime wedges, cilantro and green onion.
Source: Read Full Article