Memorial day favorite
- 1 # russet potatoes, peeled and cut to bite size pieces
- 8 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 C white onion, diced small
- 1/2 C & 2 Tbsp pickle relish, chopped small
- 3/4 C mayonnaise, real
- 1 1/2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper (add to taste)
- Smoked paprika, garnish
- Green onions, slivered for garnish
Peel and dice the potatoes. Add water in a deep pot (enough to cover potatoes) and season with salt. Bring water to a boil and add the potatoes to the water. Boil for 9-11 minutes so potatoes are tender but still hold shape. You don’t want them to get mushy. Drain potatoes. Put potatoes in the refrigerator until cold. Its helps them to keep their shape when stirring into the sauce.
Boil and peel the eggs. Slice the eggs into small pieces and put them in a large bowl. Stir in the diced onion, relish, mayo and mustard. Stir in the cold potatoes until they are all coated in the sauce. Add S&P while mixing together.
Place in a serving dish and garnish the top with paprika and green onion slivers. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
Source: Read Full Article