Peppermint Whoopie Pies
- Prep 45 min
- Total1 hr25 min
Relish the marshmallow filling between these sandwich-style drop cookies – a delicious treat!
cup granulated sugar
cup butter or margarine, softened
cups all-purpose flour
cup unsweetened baking cocoa
teaspoons baking soda
teaspoon baking powder
cups powdered sugar
jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
to 6 teaspoons milk
drops red food color, if desired
Crushed candy canes or other candies, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the egg with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in 1 cup milk (mixture will look curdled). Stir in remaining cookie ingredients.
- 2Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- 3Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges appear set. Cool 1 minute; remove cookies to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 4In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients on medium speed about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Place flat sides of 2 cookies together with 2 tablespoons filling, sandwich-style. Sprinkle edges of filling with crushed candy. Store in tightly covered container.
- The irrepressible gooey-filled sandwich cookies with the whimsical name, Whoopie Pies are impossible to resist! Freeze sandwich cookies on a cookie sheet, then wrap individually in plastic wrap and toss into a resealable plastic freezer bag–they taste great straight from the freezer!
Source: Read Full Article