Meatball, Carrot, and Onion Soup
Love soups. The broth is rich and delicious!!
- 24 ounces beef meatballs
- 1/2 pound Carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2/3 stick butter
- 1-1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheddar cheese
- To taste crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
Slice the Carrots and onions.
Melt the butter add the onions and carrots. Sauté the onion slices and carrots, in the butter covered.
After 12 minutes the carrots and onions will be softened. Add the spices. Then add the meatballs. Cook 15 minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil. Allow to cook 7 minutes.
Shred the cheese.
Add the tomato paste. Simmer 7 minutes.
Add soup to a bowl with the cheese. Let the cheese melt. Add the pepper flakes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!
Source: Read Full Article