Jalapeño, Corn and Cheddar Quiche
- Prep 10 min
- Total1 hr15 min
Kick up your brunch (or dinner) with a tender, flaky jalapeño and cheddar quiche. Prep is easy as can be thanks to refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crust and a few simple ingredients. Get creative, and dress up your jalapeño quiche with your family’s favorite taco toppings. Every bite is filled with a spicy, cheesy flavor combination you won’t be able to get enough of.
crust from 1 box (14.1 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crust (2 Count), softened as directed on box
- 1cup half-and-half or milk
- 4eggs, beaten
- 3/4cup frozen corn, thawed, well drained (from 14.4-oz bag)
- 3tablespoons sliced green onions (3 medium)
- 1to 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño chile
- 1cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll pie crust; place crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Do not prick crust. Bake 10 minutes (if crust puffs up in center after baking, gently push down with bottom of metal measuring cup). Cool 10 minutes.
- 2In medium bowl, mix half-and-half, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended. Layer corn, 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the jalapeño chile and shredded cheese in crust-lined plate. Pour egg mixture over top.
- 3Bake 32 to 37 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; if needed, cover edge of crust with foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining green onion; cut into wedges.
- Jalapeño chiles vary in spiciness; we recommend you taste the chile before adding to your quiche so you can adjust the amount (1 to 2 tablespoons) to your liking.
- Serve your jalapeño and cheddar quiche with a side of salsa or sour cream, or add fresh toppings like diced avocado or tomato.
- Prefer to have meat in your quiche? Add 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon to your jalapeño quiche layers, reduce corn to 1/2 cup and salt to 1/4 teaspoon. To add additional heat, switch to shredded pepper Jack cheese in place of cheddar.
- Is your family loving this jalapeño quiche recipe? Try some more fun and easy dishes like these Bacon-Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels and Three-Cheese Quiche.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Slice
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article