Jalapeno Cheddarwurst Burgers
Love to grill brats on the grill but was in the mood for a burger.
- 2 pounds bratwurst sausage
- 1 large jalapenõ pepper
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon reconstituted onions*
- reconstituted onions
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons water
Fire up the grill. Take dehydrated onions and soak in 1 teaspoon liquid smoke and 2 tablespoons water for 30 minutes. Remove casing from bratwurst.
Remove seeds and ribs from the pepper if you want a milder heat. Dice finely.
Mix the jalapeno cheddarwurst burgers. Form into patties.
Grill the Burgers on the grill. Turn as needed. Cook to your desired doneness.
Drain any excessive liquid from the onions. Mix with the mustards and cream cheese.
Butter the buns and add onion and garlic powder. Grill on the grill till toasted.
Add the sauce mixture to the buns and assemble the burgers.
Serve I hope you enjoy!!
Source: Read Full Article