Holiday 7-Layer Bars
- Prep 20 min
- Total2 hr55 min
This Christmas spin on traditional 7-layer bars checks all of the boxes: It’s easy to make, travels well and—most important—is absolutely delish.
roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
cup unsweetened baking cocoa
cup semisweet chocolate chips (from 12-oz bag)
cup peanut butter chips (from 10-oz bag)
cups flaked coconut
cup M&M’s™ red and green (holiday) candy-coated chocolate candies (from 10.7-oz bag)
cup salted cocktail peanuts, coarsely chopped
can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with heavy-duty foil, extending foil over sides of pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- 2In medium bowl, crumble cookie dough; stir or knead in cocoa until well mixed (dough will be stiff). Press dough evenly in bottom of pan. Top evenly with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, coconut, chocolate candies and peanuts. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over bars.
- 3Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown (center will not be set). Cool completely, about 2 hours. Use foil to lift bars from pan. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Foil lining the pan makes pan removal and cutting of bars easier.
- These 7-Layer Bars would be great for any occasion. Any color M&M’s™ can substituted for the red and green candies.
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
Source: Read Full Article