Hearty spaghetti sauce
This pasta sauce is thick and savory with a flavorful punch that’s sure to satisfy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz mushrooms (recommend baby bellos) chopped
- 1 tbspn butter
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes (basil, oregano, & garlic seasoned) drained
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tspn dried oregano
- 4 tbspn fresh basil sliced
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives drained
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
In a large saucepan, sauté onions, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms in butter until soft.
Add ground beef and brown.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Tomato paste, oregano, basil, olives, salt, and pepper, and simmer for 40 minutes to an hour. The longer it simmers the more that delicious fresh basil will come out in the sauce.
Magnifico! Top your spaghetti ? or angel hair and take a cooksnap!
Source: Read Full Article