French Bread Garlic Toast Pizza
- Prep 20 min
- Total1 hr35 min
French bread pizza is back in style, and we can see why. It’s one of the easiest ways to make pizza at home and only takes 20 minutes to prepare. Make your homemade French bread pizza with Pillsbury™ French Bread, baked, sliced, garlic-buttered and oven-toasted for a crispy, garlic toast base. Finish it by having your kids top with pizza sauce, cheese, sausage, veggies and more cheese. Delicious and easily customized for all your pizza-loving preferences. Try French Bread Garlic Toast Pizza for pizza night or any night.
can (11 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original French Bread
- 1/3lb bulk mild Italian or sweet Italian sausage
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/4cups shredded mozzarella cheese (5 oz)
- 1/3cup sliced fresh mushrooms (from 8-oz package)
- 1/4cup chopped bell pepper (red or green)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Bake bread as directed on can. Transfer to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. With serrated knife, cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise.
- 2Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- 3Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Place bread on cookie sheet, cut sides up. In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic powder. Brush cut sides with butter mixture. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4Spread pizza sauce over toasted bread pieces; sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons of the cheese. Top with mushrooms, sausage, bell pepper and remaining cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Be sure to bake the French bread seam side down for the best results. It gives you a crispy, French bread pizza.
- Lining the cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper will save you time on cleanup.
- Try customizing your French Bread Garlic Toast Pizza with your favorite meat toppings, like pepperoni or Canadian bacon, in place of Italian sausage.
- Serve with an extra side of pizza sauce for dipping!
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Piece
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article