- South Indian Coffee Filter (6 cups steel) 1 number
- 2 cups Boiling water ~
- 4 teaspoons Tea –
- Elaichi green/cardamom – 3 crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg –
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder –
- Ginger fresh; deskinned – 2 inch piece crushed
- Clove – 3 numbers crushed
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds optional –
- 3/4 tsp Black pepper coarsely ground –
- Star anise (optional) – 1 number
In a blender, dry grind ginger, elaichi, nutmeg powder, star anise, clove and fennel seeds. Grind them all well.
Transfer this mixture to a South indian coffee filter and add tea. Now add 1 cup of boiling water to the filter over the powders and tea.
Once the decoction is collected in the bottom half of the filter; pour the remaining water into the filter and let it drip down again. Once 2 cups have emptied; store the decoction and make tea with it.
To make tea, boil milk/water and add the decoction as per your required strength; mix in sweetener of choice and enjoy hot/cold.
Source: Read Full Article