- Total: 6 hr 20 min(includes brining time)
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:4 servings
1 1/2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), patted completely dry
2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Combine the sugar, paprika, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Toss the chicken in the spice mixture until coated. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a flameproof 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bake until the chicken is super moist and falling off the bone, about 2 hours. Remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the foil. Use a spoon or ladle to remove as much liquid from the dish as possible and reserve. Turn the oven to broil.
- Broil the chicken until the skin is golden brown and slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chicken with the chives and serve with the reserved pan juices.
Source: Read Full Article