Essential Recipes for Your St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
When it comes to holiday celebrations, St. Patrick’s Day holds an array of delicious possibilities. It might not be traditionally Irish, but we’re just as excited to don something green and whip up a Shamrock Shake as we are to load our plates with corned beef and cabbage. From Irish soda bread and colcannon, to a Guinness-spiked chocolate cake and festive drinks, these are the essential recipes for a memorable St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Why wait until dinner to start the St. Paddy’s Day celebration? From scones to soda bread to hearty hashes, these are the festive breakfasts that will make your tastebuds do a jig.
- How To Make Irish Soda Bread
- Classic Corned Beef Hash
- Red Flannel Hash
- Real Irish Scones
- Donal Skehan’s Irish Buttermilk Soda Bread
- Cheddar & Chive Guinness Bread
Whether you believe St. Patrick’s Day demands a heaping plate of corned beef and cabbage or you’d rather eat something meat-free, there’s no shortage of hearty meals that can bring this holiday’s festive spirit to the table.
- How To Cure Corned Beef
- Donal Skehan’s Mussels in Irish Cider
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Skillet Beef & Ale Pie
- Potato Leek Soup
- Vegetarian Guinness Stew
Sides to Make You Green with Envy
Boiled, roasted, or cooked just how you like them, there’s no better day to get your fill of hearty sides like cabbage and potatoes.
- How to Make Colcannon (Irish Potatoes and Cabbage)
- Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
- Crispy Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
- Donal Skehan’s Irish Creamed Kale
No celebration is complete without dessert. These are a few of the festive treats that make this holiday even sweeter.
- Irish Potato Candy
- Irish Shortbread Toffee Bars
- How To Make Chocolate Guinness Cake
From pints of Guinness to festive green shakes, St. Patrick’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a celebratory beverage.
- Irish Cream (Skip the Baileys and Make Your Own)
- The 2-Ingredient Black Velvet Cocktail
- Double Chocolate Stout Ice Cream Float
- How To Make Irish Coffee
- Boozy Shamrock Shake
Source: Read Full Article