Creamy seafood soup
More of a stew than a soup, this creamy meal in a bowl will not disappoint seafood fans. (my own recipe)
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a large soup pan, add the chopped bacon and garlic and fry on a moderate heat for around three minutes, stirring regularly until cooked.
- Once the bacon is cooked, add the peppers, tomatoes, onion and lemon peel and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until everything is very soft.
- Remove the lemon peel and add the white wine and bring to a boil, turn it down to a simmer and leave to reduce by half.
- Once the wine is reduced by half, add in the fish stock and potatoes, bring back to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and leave for around 1 hour until the potatoes are nice and soft.
- Put mayonnaise into a bowl or jug, ladle in some of the liquid a little at a time, stirring until you have a thin consistency. Once the mayonnaise mixture is thin and water like, pour it into the pot and stir.
- Add the fish chunks and simmer for 2-3 minutes, then add the mussels and prawns and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, stir and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice and crusty bread. (season to taste)
Source: Read Full Article