Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso leaf
- 1/2 cup or so of cold barley (actually Job's tears in this case but same thing for these purposes)
- 1/2 cup chopped pomelo
- 1/4 cup or so of pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped and toasted cashews
- 2 shiso leaves, chopped up
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 slug of olive oil (say, a tsp or so)
- 1 healthy squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- to taste Salt,
Chop, toast, and mince as indicated above, then mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, and salt, and give a good mix again. Taste and adjust until you want to eat it.
Cover it then pop it in the fridge for an hour or so to let it chill and allow the flavors to come together.
Source: Read Full Article