Coffee Pandan Layer Cake
- 10 eggs
- 500 g Pure Butter
- 300 g Hong Kong flour/ Cake flour (sifted)
- 150 g castor sugar
- 100 g Horlicks /Malted Drink Powder
- 150 g Coconut Jam / Serikaya (easily available from Asian Market or you can make it at home. Recipe for Seri kaya coming soon)
- 300 g Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Ovalette
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence/Extract
- 1 tbsp Pandan Paste (available in Asian Grocery)
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with 1 tbsp of coffee (mixed in some hot water – 2 or 3 tbsp)
Whip eggs, castor sugar & Ovalette till foamy.
Using different bowl, Beat butter & condensed milk till light & fluffy.
Combine well step 1 & step 2 until well mixed.
Next, add coconut jam (seri kaya) & Horlicks. Continue mixing.
Fold in sifted flour. Beat again till well mixed.
Divide this batter equally into 3 portions. First one : plain. Second : Vanilla Essence/Extract. Third: mixture of cocoa powder & coffee.
Preheat oven. Use 8’ x 8’ lightly buttered square cake pan.
First layer – 6 tbsp of coffee cocoa batter. Level the thin batter evenly. Bake using the top / upper heat at 160 for 10mins (check your oven temperature. Adjust accordingly). Your layer should be slightly brown before adding another layer of the same batter. Do the same thing with two other portion of pandan & plain batter.
Source: Read Full Article