Chorizo and Eggs in a Cheesey Tomato Sauce
Sometimes they bake this in the oven. You can do this easily on the stove or a grill outside an easy breakfast to make.
- 2-1/2 ounces Spainish chorizo sausage
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- To taste kosher salt
- To taste ground black pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- To taste chopped parsley and/or cilantro garnish
Remove the casing from the chorizo and slice thinly. Add to a hot skillet and sauté. Chop the onion.
Sauté the onions with the chorizo. When the onion is softened add the tomato sauce and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add cheeses make the pockets and add eggs. Cover continue to simmer till egg whites are done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When done move to a plate add garnish.
Serve I hope you enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article