Chocolate fudge cake
Great for any special celebration or surprise. Goes down well with adults and children:) ENJOY;)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4. Grease and line 2x 18cm sandwich tins with baking parchment.
- Place the butter or margarine, sugar and eggs into a bowl with the sieved flour, baking powder and cocoa. Add 2 tbsp of hot water and beat well together with an electric hand mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Divide evenly between the sandwich tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool in the tins for 10 minutes. Then remove the cakes from the the tins and cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and chocolate with the milk in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Sieve the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl and using a wooden spoon, beat in the chocolate mixture along with 1 tbsp hot water. The mixture should be thick enough to spread onto the cake. (If not, leave to cool a little).
- Sandwich the sponges together with a quarter of the icing. Use the remaining icing to cover the sides and top of the cake. Decorate with fudge bars.
Source: Read Full Article