Chicken and Mushroom Baked Shells
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Active: 15 min
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add both cans of the tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer rapidly, uncovered, until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the ricotta and season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce simmers, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a large bowl.
- Cook the shells in the salted boiling water until very al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain the pasta and add it to the mixing bowl along with the mushrooms.
- Add the tomato sauce, rotisserie chicken, the mozzarella and half of the parmesan to the bowl and stir well to combine. Transfer the pasta to a 3- to 4-quart baking dish and top with the fontina cheese and the remaining Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, until browned, about 15 minutes. Let the pasta rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Source: Read Full Article