Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread
- Prep 20 min
- Total50 min
If your family is a fan of sweet and spicy, cheesy green chile cornbread is for you. It only takes 20 minutes to prep and couldn’t be easier. Make with cheddar cheese and green chiles swirled inside a sweet cornbread dough. It’s a delicious flavor combination, especially when finished with sour cream. Place your warm green chile cheese cornbread in the middle of the dinner table for a sweet, savory side bread, or feature as a comforting appetizer.
can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/3cup sour cream
- 1can (11 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Cornbread Swirls
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 6slices (0.8 oz each) cheddar cheese (from 8-oz package)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Line 9-inch round cake pan with cooking parchment paper. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the green chiles and the sour cream; cover and refrigerate.
- 2Remove dough from can, and separate into 6 rounds. Unroll each round into dough strip (about 12 inches long) and press strip to 1 1/2 inches wide; brush inside of each unrolled dough strip, using up half of the melted butter.
- 3Cut each cheese slice into 4 strips. Top buttered side of 1 dough strip with 4 cheese strips, overlapping slightly if necessary, and leaving 1 inch of one end uncovered to seal. Top cheese layer with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining green chiles.
- 4Starting with strip end opposite uncovered end, roll dough back into swirled round, sealing end of dough; place in pan. Repeat for remaining dough, cheese and green chiles. Brush tops of dough with remaining melted butter.
- 5Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is baked through and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream mixture.
- Make this green chile cornbread recipe with minimal cleanup by lining the pan with cooking parchment paper.
- Add some sweetness to your green chile cheese cornbread with a drizzle of honey before serving.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Serving
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article