Carrot Ginger Fruit Cake
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk – room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
- 2 cups or lesser carrot – grated, squeeze the juices
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar – for dusting the cake
- Soak Overnight:
- 1/2 cup golden sultanas
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- 2 tablespoon Sunquick orange juice
Sieve dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder,ginger powder). Keep aside.
Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
Whisk milk and olive oil into eggs mixture.
Fold in the dry ingredients in the mixture slowly.
Mix in grated carrot and overnight marinated dry fruits.
Mix in jam and vanila essence as well. Pour the cake batter in a 22 inch cake pan.
Bake it in preheated oven 180’C for 45 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Leave to cool. Then dust with icing sugar.
Source: Read Full Article