BLT Crescent Tartlets
- Prep 25 min
- Total50 min
Everything you love about the classic BLT sandwich in a snackable appetizer form. These party-perfect crescent tarts are topped with a cream cheese spread, full of crunchy bacon, spinach and amazing BLT-inspired flavor. Using fresh ingredients, you can have this simple starter ready to serve in under an hour.
can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Dough Sheetor 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls (8 Count)
- 1container (7.5 oz) garlic and herb cream cheese spread, softened, stirred well
- 2teaspoons milk
- 1/3cup chopped fresh spinach or arugula
- 3/4cup coarsely chopped cooked bacon
- 6cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- 2Unroll crescent dough into 12×8-inch rectangle. If using crescent rolls, press seams to seal. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares. Place dough pieces on cookie sheet, spacing slightly apart. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown; cool 10 minutes.
- 3In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread, milk and 1/4 cup of the spinach; beat with spoon until well mixed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the bacon. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture on top of each baked crescent square.
- 4Before serving, top with remaining spinach, bacon and tomatoes. Serve immediately, or loosely cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
- Cook your bacon ahead of time to make these appetizers quick and easy to assemble. Make them up to two hours before serving.
- Cream cheese spreads come in various flavors. If you’re unable to find garlic and herb, substitute with chive and onion.
- These tarts are also delicious when the tomatoes are oven-roasted, which get jammy, caramelized and have a depth of flavor. To oven roast: Heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, mix 1 pint grape tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; spread onto large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Roast tomatoes about 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, until tomatoes burst and skins begin to shrivel. Assemble tarts as directed in method, except top tarts with cooled oven-roasted grape tomatoes, reserving any remaining for another use.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 4 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 2 Tartlets
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article