Asparagus, tomato, and feta salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- to taste Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed and remaining diced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup roasted sliced almonds
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (divided)
Make dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic. While constantly whisking, add olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender-crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to ice water. Let it rest about 10 seconds before draining the asparagus well and transferring to another bowl.
Add tomatoes and almonds to bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over the top and toss lightly. Mix in half the feta.
Serve and garnish with remaining feta.
Source: Read Full Article