23 Radish Recipes That Celebrate Spring
For years I skipped over radishes; they felt more like a garnish in green salads than a necessary component. Then I joined a CSA and was bombarded with radishes. I suddenly had to figure out what to do with them all, only to realize radishes have a whole lot of love to give. They’re crispy, peppery, and not only a colorful addition to so many dishes, but can also stand out all on their own.
While radishes are available year-round, to me, the first glimpse of pink bunches at the farmers market signifies the very start of spring. They can be thinly sliced for salads, dipped in butter for a snack, or even roasted to bring out their hidden sweetness. Here are more than 20 ways to celebrate this spring vegetable.
Simple Side Dishes
You might not think to cook radishes, but it’s entirely worth the effort. It tames their bite and makes for a pretty side dish.
- Brown Butter Radishes
- Roasted Potatoes, Radishes & Fennel with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
- Braised Radishes with Shallots & Bacon
Salads are likely the first things that come to mind when you think of radishes — and that’s for good reason. They lend refreshing crunch to these spring-forward recipes.
- Minty Snap Pea Salad
- Ellie Krieger’s Snow Pea, Scallion & Radish Salad
- Rainbow Veggie Noodle Salad
- Asparagus & Radishes with Mint
- Pummelo, Fennel & Radish Salad
- Kimchi and Radish Salad
- Red Potato Salad with Scallions & Radishes
Mains and Grains
Radishes deserve their chance in the spotlight, just like any other vegetable. These main dishes prove they’re worthy of it.
- Rozanne Gold’s Bucatini with French Breakfast Radishes, Bacon & Greens
- Sarah Copeland’s Barley Risotto with Swiss Chard, Radishes & Preserved Lemon
- Quinoa Salad with Spring Radishes and Greens
- Farro Salad with Arugula, Radishes & Goat Cheese
- Polenta with Spring Vegetable Ragout
These colorful, crunchy snacks pair perfectly with the season’s first glass of cold rosé — just saying.
- Brown Butter and Tahini Dipped Radishes
- Creamy Roasted Radish Dip
- Matt & Ted Lee’s Radish Butter
- Fava Bean and Radish Bruschetta
Breakfast and Brunch
Radishes and eggs are a great pair. Plus, radishes make a surprising (but tasty) addition to cheesy muffins.
- Roasted Radish and Herbed Ricotta Omelet
- Radish and Turnip Hash with Fried Eggs
- Spring Frittata with Asparagus & Radishes
- Savory Radish and Goat Cheese Muffins
Source: Read Full Article