Rosemary-Roasted Chicken with Apples and Potatoes Recipe
"The beginning of fall comes with an abundance of apples, which means it’s time to start baking! But more than pies, apples roast extremely well with chicken! This dish makes a fantastic sweater-weather meal, with beautifully roasted chicken and an apple, potato, and onion bake that takes advantage of the delicious roasted chicken drippings."
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray the top and bottom parts of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add onion slices. Sprinkle onions with 1 teaspoon salt and saute for 2 minutes. Add sugar and continue cooking until onions are translucent but not browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Layer apples, potatoes, and sauteed onion slices in the bottom part of the broiler pan. Cover with the part top of the broiler pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken thighs. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper. Rub olive oil and spices thoroughly all over each thigh and place on the top part of the broiler pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour. Serve apples, potatoes, and onion alongside chicken thighs.
Per Serving: 404 calories;20.5 g fat;34.8 g carbohydrates;21.3 g protein;81 mg cholesterol;486 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article