Keto Smothered Chicken Thighs Recipe
"Topped with bacon, mushrooms, green onions, and a creamy sauce, these chicken thighs are sure to become a favorite on your keto menu."
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season chicken thighs on all sides with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan over medium-high heat until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain and discard excess grease from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat and cook chicken thighs, skin-side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and place skillet in the preheated oven.
- Bake until chicken thighs are no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Remove all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Return skillet to the stove over medium-high heat. Pour in chicken broth while whisking up brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in heavy whipping cream and whisk together until lightly simmering, then reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Return chicken and any juices back into skillet; top with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately, spooning sauce over the chicken.
Per Serving: 466 calories;32 g fat;2.4 g carbohydrates;40.5 g protein;159 mg cholesterol;373 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article