Savory Dutch Baby for Two
Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Anna Stockwell
Parmesan and thyme make this Baby savory, which makes it perfect to eat alongside eggs. But the realbeauty of this recipe is that the batter can be made up to two days in advance—and kept in the fridge for an easy romantic breakfast for two.
- 2 servings
- Active Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Crème fraîche, smoked salmon, baby greens, and lemon wedges (for serving; optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk flour, sugar, thyme, salt, pepper, and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan in a small bowl.
- Process eggs and milk in a blender until light and frothy, about 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and pulse to combine.
- Heat a 10" cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Once hot, melt butter and swirl to coat skillet. Pour batter into hot melted butter in skillet. Transfer to oven and bake until puffed and golden brown, 12–15 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over pancake before serving with crème fraîche, smoked salmon, baby greens, and lemon wedges (if using).
- Do Ahead: Batter can be made 2 days ahead. Transfer to a medium jar and chill. Shake jar before cooking.
Source: Read Full Article