Big Green Lentil Salad
Photo by Chelsie Craig, Food Styling by Michelle Gatton
Cool yogurt, crunchy seeds, and herbs turn lentils into a lunch salad you’ll actually be excited to eat. Serve it with warm pita for swiping up the garlicky yogurt for a speedy weeknight dinner.
- 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils, rinsed
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more
- 1 1/3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn if large
- Cook lentils in a large saucepan of simmering salted water until they are tender but still retain their shape, 20–30 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain well again.
- Mix yogurt, garlic, turmeric, 1/4 tsp. salt, and a generous grind of pepper in a small bowl to combine; set aside.
- Toss lentils, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, 3 Tbsp. oil, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Gently fold in avocado, arugula, and basil.
- Spread reserved yogurt sauce across a platter and spoon lentil mixture on top; drizzle with oil.
Source: Read Full Article