Grilled Chicken Thighs with Mango-Ancho Sauce Recipe
"Sweet mango and smoky ancho chile are combined to make both a delicious marinade and a sauce for these grilled chicken thighs. This isn’t spicy, so the whole family can enjoy it. I like to serve this with cilantro-lime rice."
- Combine mango, lime juice, honey, ancho chile powder, and salt in the bowl of a small food processor; pulse until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup of the sauce to a small bowl and whisk in rice wine vinegar and olive oil to make a marinade. Place remaining sauce in the refrigerator.
- Place chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag and drizzle with mango-ancho marinade. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- Twenty minutes before grilling, remove chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place chicken on the hot grill, skin-side down, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and grill on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Continue flipping every 3 to 4 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 22 to 25 minutes total. Turn grill to low heat and brush both sides of the chicken with reserved mango-ancho sauce, grilling an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
Per Serving: 103 calories;3.8 g fat;18.5 g carbohydrates;0.7 g protein;0 mg cholesterol;331 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article