Dijon Balsamic Salmon Cakes
- Total: 40 min
- Active: 40 min
- Yield:4 servings
Three 7.5-ounce cans boneless salmon, drained
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus wedges for serving
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 small jar roasted red peppers, finely chopped
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Food Network Kitchen™ Inspired French Style Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 ounces mixed baby greens
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the salmon, mayonnaise, lemon zest, egg, roasted red peppers, 3 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of the French Style Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Gently form into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties and freeze until just firm, about 10 minutes.
- Put the remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Press the salmon cakes in the breadcrumbs to coat both sides. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cakes are heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Toss the greens with the remaining vinaigrette in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salmon cakes among 4 plates (2 per plate). Add a mound of salad to each plate and a lemon wedge.
Source: Read Full Article