Lemon-Blueberry Scones with Blueberry Glaze Recipe
"Definitely not your traditional scone! These scones have a bit of whole wheat flour, a bit of Greek yogurt, a touch of cardamom and ginger–and a nice lemon-blueberry flavor that gets amped up by the addition of a blueberry glaze."
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom, lemon zest, baking soda, salt, and ginger in a large bowl. Grate in frozen butter using a box grater and toss until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix yogurt, cream, egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture to form a crumbly dough, stirring just until no dry clumps of flour remain. Stir in unthawed blueberries.
- Pour crumbly dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Press dough together firmly until it forms a cohesive 8-inch circle. Flatten top to ensure the circle is even. Cut into 8 triangular pieces. Arrange the pieces 1 inch apart on the same parchment-lined pan.
- Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl for the egg wash. Gently brush over the top of each scone.
- Bake scones in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to press thawed blueberries through a fine-mesh strainer into a medium bowl to extract 2 or 3 tablespoons of juice. Discards skins and seeds. Whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice into the blueberry juice until smooth. Drizzle blueberry glaze over cooled scones.
Per Serving: 355 calories;16.7 g fat;46.1 g carbohydrates;6.9 g protein;87 mg cholesterol;407 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article