Baked Apple Doughnuts Recipe
"These easy and delicious baked apple doughnuts are tender, sweet, and studded with pieces of tart apple. The trick is to coat the dough in lots of cinnamon sugar, and then bake them so they are still soft on the inside and have a wonderful sugar crust on the outside. Enjoy with coffee and a crossword!"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12-cavity mini doughnut pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix together with a fork until combined. Add shortening and mix with the fork until broken up into small clumps.
- Mix together apples, milk, and eggs in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Spoon batter into the prepared doughnut pans.
- Bake doughnuts in the preheated oven until slightly browned on the bottoms, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While doughnuts are cooling, place melted butter for topping in a shallow bowl. Mix together 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip cooled doughnuts in butter and then in sugar mixture to coat.
- Cook’s Note:
- To make muffins, spoon batter into greased muffin pans and bake at 350 degrees until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 211 calories;8.9 g fat;30.9 g carbohydrates;2.6 g protein;26 mg cholesterol;177 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article