Udon Bowl with Veggies
- Prep 20 min
- Total35 min
This quick and easy, fish-free twist on miso soup is both filling and delicious. The reduced sodium and high veggie content makes for a lighter, but no less satisfying Asian noodle bowl.+
- 1Cook udon noodles as directed on package; drain and rinse well under cold water.
- 2Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, heat broth and soy sauce to gentle boil. Add whites of scallions, then frozen stirfry blend. Cook about 3 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
- 3In small bowl, beat miso and water with whisk; add to saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and add cooked noodles. Simmer about 3 minutes, just to rewarm noodles. Divide soup among 8 serving bowls; top with basil leaves.
- To add a little more umami to the mix, stir in some sliced shiitakes when adding the scallion whites.
- Miso, also called bean paste, is a Japanese mainstay.It can be found in the international refrigerator section of your grocery store or in Asian food markets. Often it is located near the tofu.
Source: Read Full Article