Grilled Spatchcocked Greek Chicken Recipe
"Speed up cook time on a whole chicken by spatchcocking it. It is simple to do and only requires a sharp pair of kitchen shears and 5 minutes of your time. Grilling over indirect heat keeps the bird moist."
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, rosemary, and tarragon together in a measuring cup.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour 1/2 of the oil mixture over the chicken and reserve the remaining 1/2. Using your hands, massage the oil mixture into the chicken skin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken skin-side up over indirect heat for 50 minutes. Move chicken over direct heat and grill 5 minutes. Carefully flip chicken over skin-side down and grill until skin is brown and crispy, about 5 more minutes. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle reserved oil mixture over the chicken. Carve and serve.
- Cook’s Note:
- To spatchcock a chicken, use sharp kitchen shears and cut along both sides of the backbone and remove. Using your hands, press down on both sides of the chicken to flatten.
Per Serving: 1213 calories;115.3 g fat;1.8 g carbohydrates;39.3 g protein;159 mg cholesterol;151 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article