Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
"My family begs me to make this creamy baked dish every Thanksgiving and Christmas. What makes it so good is the pecan topping! Try it and I’m sure it will become your new tradition!"
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepanwith water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.
- Editor’s Note:
- The Allrecipes magazine team, in preparing this recipe, came upon some alterations for this dish leading to a version they preferred, which is shared in the October/November 2014 issue. If you do not have that issue available to you, just triple the measures of the potato mixture ingredients above while leaving the topping measures as they are listed.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 226 calories;11.1 g fat;30.1 g carbohydrates;2.9 g protein;50 mg cholesterol;187 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article