Sweet Potato Bowls With Kale and Chickpeas
Photo by Joseph De Leo, Prop Styling by Sophie Strangio, Food Styling by Monica Pierini
Everybody loves a coconut-milk curry. This particular recipe was developed with people living with Crohn's Disease and Colitis in mind, so that they can love it, too.
- 4 servings
- Active Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 oz. each), peeled, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups full- or reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 bunch curly kale (about 8 oz.), stems removed, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Bring potatoes and broth to a simmer in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cover and cook until potatoes soften, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk coconut milk and curry powder in a small bowl to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in kale, chickpeas, and coconut milk mixture. Cover and simmer, stirring once halfway through, until potato is fully cooked but still holds its shape and kale is wilted and dark green, about 8 minutes. Stir in lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among bowls. Spoon potato and kale mixture over.
Source: Read Full Article