Sloppy Joe Casserole with Noodles Recipe
"This Sloppy Joe casserole recipe is a simple and good recipe and if you have kids to feed, they will love it. It does take a little time to put it all together, but you can probably have it on the table in about an hour. The seasoning depends on the brand of Sloppy Joe mix you are using."
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 2 /12-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook shell macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and seasoning mix. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse macaroni. Spread 1/2 of the macaroni into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with cottage cheese, then the beef mixture. Repeat layers of macaroni, cottage cheese, and meat. Cover with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook’s Note:
- This recipe is very basic, so you could easily add some extra ingredients like chopped onion, green pepper, and maybe even some mushrooms.
Per Serving: 446 calories;16.8 g fat;41.2 g carbohydrates;33.1 g protein;74 mg cholesterol;1316 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article