Skillet Corn with Shrimp and Sausage
Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Creamy corn teams up with hickory-smoked sausage and tender shrimp in this skillet supper. The corn is so easy to prepare once you’ve husked the ears and removed the corn silk. Try this method to remove those sticky strands in seconds: Using tongs, hold an ear over a flame from a gas stove-top or grill. Quickly rotate the cob so all of the silk burns off. When you’re done, rub off the charred silk with a paper towel.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 8 large ears)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (from 1 small onion)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces hickory-smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound medium-size peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add corn and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, half-and-half, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts, 2 minutes. Stir in chives. Remove pan from heat; cover to keep warm.
Heat oil in a separate large skillet over medium-high. Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pan. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Add to pan; cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, 3 minutes.
Serve corn topped with sausage, shrimp, chives, and parsley.
Source: Read Full Article