Salted Melon Margarita Pops
Active Time: :20 Mins
Total Time: :9 Hours
Yield: :Serves 12 (serving size: 1 [3-oz.] popsicle)
The tequila is subtle in these beautiful light green ice pops, but don’t underestimate it: They pack a punch. The lightly sweetened, subtly salty flavor almost feels like Gatorade, but these are nothing like a recovery drink.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups limeade (such as Simply Limeade)
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz.) silver tequila
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) melon-flavored liqueur (such as Midori)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 12zip-top plastic ice pop pouches
How to Make It
Bring sugar, water, and kosher salt to a boil in a small saucepan over high, and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Syrup may be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Combine limeade, tequila, liqueur, lime juice, and 5 ounces of the syrup, stirring to blend. Pour 3 oz. of mixture into each of 12 plastic ice pop pouches. Seal and freeze pops standing upright overnight.
Source: Read Full Article