Quick Breakfast Quinoa
Photo by Kyle Fidel
Apples, blueberries, and almonds make this a filling, satisfying, healthy breakfast.
- 4 servings
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped, pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy, hemp, or almond milk
- Place quinoa and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is done and all the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir for 2–3 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article