Active Time: 10 MinsTotal Time10 Mins
Yield: Serves 6
This is the party appetizer you’ll want to make all summer long, when fresh peaches and basil are in their prime. Not only are these toasts so pretty to look at and tasty to eat, they can also be assembled in minutes and easily sized up if you’re hosting or attending a big gathering. To save on prep time, make the ricotta mixture up to two days in advance and store it, covered, in the refrigerator.
- 18(1/2-inch-thick) baguette slices (from 1 [12-oz.] baguette)
- 1 3/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 36(1/4-inch-thick) peach slices (from 3 unpeeled fresh peaches)
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto, torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Place baguette slices on unoiled grates; grill, uncovered, until charred on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
Stir together ricotta cheese, oil, zest, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper in a bowl. Spread mixture evenly over baguette toasts. Top each with 2 peach slices. Divide prosciutto and basil evenly among toasts; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Source: Read Full Article