Gluten-Free, Vegan, Keto Green Bean Casserole
Active Time: 15 MinsTotal Time45 Mins
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 2/3 cup)
For a holiday side dish that every guest at your table can enjoy, this dairy-free, gluten-free, keto-friendly casserole has your back.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound pre-trimmed, steam-in-bag fresh green beans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened and unflavored macadamia milk
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1cup gluten-free, keto fried onions, divided
How to Make It
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Prepare green beans according to package directions.
While beans cook, whisk together milk and flour in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in cream cheese and mushroom mixture until well combined. Fold in green beans and 1/2 cup of the onions.
Transfer mixture to a 3-quart casserole dish, and sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake in preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article